Fond of French fries switch from deep fried conventional French fries to low fat baked sweet potato French fries
- Total Time: 30-40 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 tablespoon (tbsp) olive oil and 1/2 tbsp sesame oil (mix both oil)
- 1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes - peeled and sliced in long 1/4 inch wide strips and 1/2 inch long slices.
- 1 tea spoon (tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Rock salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar powder
- Mix all the above ingredients
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a bakery paper (parchment paper) in a oven tray.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in a large bowl with the olive oil and sesame oil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture and paprika over the sweet potato.
- Spread sweet potato in the oven tray; make sure it is spread in a single layer.
- Occasionally turn the sweet potato and bake till it is golden brown in color.
- The baking process would take about 14-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Tentative Nutrition content per serving
- Calories: 246
- Carbs: 41
- Fat: 8 gm
- Saturated fat: 0.7 gm
- Proteins: 3 gm
- Sodium: 1000 mg
- Cholesterol: 0gm
- Sugar: 10 gm
- Fiber: 10 gm