Eye allergies are usually associated with some allergic conditions like allergic asthma, allergic rhinitis and atopic eczema. It means inflammation of conjunctiva due to allergic reactions.
Types of Eye Allergies:
Allergic conjunctivitis is divided into several major subtypes, but the most common subtypes are
a) Seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. (SAC)
b) Perennial allergic conjunctivitis (PAC)
- They are triggered by an allergen which means that if you are allergic to a particular substance and then if you come into contact with it, you experience an allergic reaction.
- Although it frequently occurs, allergic conjunctivitis is most commonly seen in areas with high seasonal allergens.
- Eye allergies mainly involve the conjunctiva, which is the tissue lining (mucus membrane) that covers the white surface of the eyeball and the inner folds of the eyelids.
- The lachrymal (tear) glands are located in the upper and outer portions of the eye. They are responsible for producing the watery component of tears. Tears also contain important immune defense substances such as immunoglobulin (antibodies), lymphocytes (specialized white blood cells), and enzymes..
- The cornea is the transparent sheath in front of the lens of the eye.
Causes of Eye Allergy:
Eye allergies are triggered by an allergen. The most common allergens are:
- Dust mite
- Animal dander
Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis:
The condition is usually seasonal and is associated with hay fever. Seasonal allergic conjunctivitis generally occurs in the month of spring due to grass pollen and in late summer months due to ragweed pollen. The patient suffers only for a short period of time when there is pollen in spring or during the fall season.
Signs and Symptoms:
- The most important symptom is marked itching.
- Watery or mucus discharge
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Blurred vision
Perennial Allergic Conjunctivitis:
Individuals suffering from Perennial Allergic Conjunctivitis (PAC) may have symptoms that last the whole year.
It is not caused exclusively by seasonal allergens but household allergens such as dust mite, pet dander, and cockroaches are responsible for Perennial Allergic Conjunctivitis. Instead of outdoor allergens, indoor allergens cause PAC. Seasonal outdoor allergens worsen your symptoms if you are sensitive to them.
SAC and PAC have similar symptoms, only the timing of the symptoms is different.
The main difference between SAC and PAC is:
- If you have SAC, symptoms are present for a short period of time.
The individual suffers when there are pollens in the air during spring or late summer or during the fall season.
Generally the patient is better during other times of the year i.e. winter.
- If you have PAC, individuals suffer probably throughout the year.
Instead of outdoor allergens, you have problems with indoor allergens, such as dust mite, cockroaches, and pet dander.
Other outdoor allergens may increase your symptoms if you are sensitive to those allergens.
Try to find out what triggers your symptoms and try to avoid them. Identify the allergen and try to avoid it.
- Avoid going outdoors between 5-10 AM. Go out in late afternoon or after a heavy rain, when pollen levels are lower.
- Keep windows in your home closed to avoid exposure to pollen.
- Dry your clothes in an automatic dryer rather than hanging them outside as pollen can collect on clothing.
- Keep away from pets.
The conventional treatment by ophthalmologist includes decongestant eye-drops, certain eye-lubricants, oral antihistamines.
- Homeopathy treats the disease from the root and does not suppress the disease in any manner. In homeopathy, there are a number of remedies that will help in this disorder. The patient's physical and mental symptoms are considered and a remedy is administered depending on the totality of the symptoms.
- Homeopathy boosts the immunity of the patient and reduces the susceptibility and the vulnerability to the allergens likes pollens etc thus reducing the severity of symptoms of redness and itching on every exposure.
- Thus Homeopathy offers a permanent solution to the sufferings of the patient without any side-effects.
How Happy Livin will help you:
Dr.Joshi is a leading name in the field of Homeopathy who has around 16 years of experience in treating the patient in the classical way as intended by our Founder of Homeopathy - Dr.Samuel Hahnemann.
There is an attempt to bring the best quality of treatment at your doorstep.
A thorough case-taking is done at your convenience and after careful analysis of the same, the best quality Homeopathic medicines procured from Germany are delivered at your doorstep in a week's time along with certain health tips, dietary instructions to be followed according to the disease condition.