A fluid-filled sac, one or more of which may develop in the ovary (main female reproductive organ which produces eggs).They are of 2 types benign (non cancerous) or malignant (cancerous).
This is not clearly known.
Signs and symptoms of benign ovarian cyst:
- These arise at any age especially during reproductive (conception) and postmenopausal (after menopause).
- Gradual swelling of the stomach is often the presenting symptom.
- The patient may present herself with a huge abdominal (stomach) swelling.
- Dull aching pain in stomach is present.
- Menstrual disorders are ordinarily absent. Menorrhagia (abnormally heavy bleeding), dysmenorrhoea (painful menses), amenorrhea (absence of menses), postmenopausal bleeding may be rarely present.
- Pressure symptoms these rarely appear in tumor (additional growth) is impacted in the pelvis (bony structure to which bones of the lower limb are attached.)By producing frequency, retention of the urine and edema (swelling of the legs).
- Progressive wasting with huge abdominal swelling
- Symptoms due to complications i.e. symptoms of acute abdomen may develop from rupture of the cyst; likewise abdominal pain, fever may be the symptoms for suppurated ovarian swelling, especially after child birth.
- In small tumors the general health remains unaffected in huge tumors the patient becomes anaemic, abnormally low weight, and general bodily decline.
- In some cases there may not be any symptom.
Signs and Symptoms of malignant ovarian cyst:
- Predisposing factors -family history, endometriosis (membranous material lining the womb), infertility, early menopause, Blood group A, pelvic irradiation, higher social status.
- Age: It may occur at any age but commonly at 40-70 years of age.
- Nulliparity(women who have never given birth to an alive child
- In its early stage there are no symptoms
- Abdominal pain
- swelling of abdomen
- Dyspepsia (indigestion)
- Progressive weight loss and rarely edema (swelling) of one leg.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Symptoms of bowel obstruction
- Abnormal loss of weight, anemia, and general bodily decline.
- Enlargement of liver Jaundice may be rarely present.
The conventional treatment includes-Hormonal replcement therapy-use of oral contraceptives that are nothing but hormones like progesterone and estrogene supplied from outside in a pills form that temporarily restore the cycles.
Role of Homeopathy:
- The first question that comes to the mind is how these Homeopathic medicines are going to help in fighting the disease. As we all know in a diseased state the internal bodily mechanisms do not work in a harmonious way. So to bring back the lost harmony to its original balanced state the correct Homeopathic medicine has to be given.
- The homeopathic medicine acts at 3 levels the Psyche, Neuro, Endocrines at the level of the psyche it helps to bring balance which in turn will affect the neurological balance and the correct secretion of the hormones which play an important role in maintaining the harmonious flow. The homeopathic medicines do not treat the disease but it helps in bringing back the lost imbalance back to its normal state.
- To find the correct Homeopathic remedy one needs a complete case study so all the aspects of the emotional nature, Fears, Social relations, family relations, ups and downs in life have to be taken into consideration. Also the past history, problems in adjusting, Family history of any major illnesses have to be mentioned.
- Once the correct remedy is given the body starts it own healing process. The Homeopathic remedies stimulate the internal healing mechanism of the body .In this way the patient starts recovering .A proper feedback has to be given by the patient when he is under medication so that the case can be assessed and the desired result is obtained.
- Homeopathy acts on' Individual' in disease rather than the 'disease' in individual. So the correct constitutional remedy that is selected on basis of detailed case history acts at the root cause of disease gently without causing any other side-effects.
- Homeopathy medicine acts on the hypothalamus thereby stimulating the pituitary gland to produce follicle stimulating hormone [FSH] and leutinising hormone[LH] which in turn stimulate the ovaries to produce the female hormones -estrogen and progesterone responsible for menstrual cycles.
- Thus instead of supplying these hormones from outside in the form of contraceptive pills done in conventional form of medicines, Homeopathy stimulates the body to produce these hormones at optimum level by permanently restoring the imbalance by acting at the neuro-endocrine axis.
- Thus the cycle becomes regular and the cysts that are formed start to shrink in size. Along with that Homeopathy prevents the benign cysts to become malignant.
- Also Homeopathy prevents the cysts to become hemorrhagic and also the torsion of the cyst is prevented.
How Happy Livin will help you:
Dr. Joshi is a leading name in the field of Homeopathy who has around 16 years of experience in treating the patient in the classical way as intended by our Founder of Homeopathy, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.
There is an attempt to bring the best quality of treatment at your doorstep.
A thorough case-taking is done at your convenience and after careful analysis of the same, the best quality Homeopathic medicines procured from Germany are delivered at your doorstep in a week's time along with certain health tips, dietary instructions to be followed according to the disease condition.