Painful Menstruation (Dysmenorrhea)
Painful menstruation is when the menstrual pains are accompanied by either sharp, intermittent pain or dull, aching pain usually in the pelvis or lower abdomen.
- Premenstrual syndrome (P.M.S).
- Stress and anxiety.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- History of sexual or physical abuse.
- Ovarian cysts
- Intra uterine device; usually first 3 months after insertion.
Signs and symptoms:
- Pain may begin several days before or just at start of the period. It generally subsides as menstrual bleeding tapers off.
- May have passage of heavy clots with the pain.
Dos and Don'ts:
- Apply heating pads to lower abdomen.
- Take warm shower or baths.
- Walk or exercise regularly.
- Practice relaxation techniques like meditation and yoga.
- Keep your legs elevated while lying down or lie on side with knees bent.
- If pain severe enough to limit your normal activities consult a doctor.
The medicine usually prescribed by conventional form of medicine is NSAID’S [pain killers] that are given to the patient. They temporarily relieve the patient but do not prevent the recurrence.
Role of Homeopathy:
- The first question that comes to the mind is how these Homeopathic medicines are going to help in fighting the disease. As we all know in a diseased state the internal bodily mechanisms do not work in a harmonious way. So to bring back the lost harmony to its original balanced state the correct Homeopathic medicine has to be given.
- The homeopathic medicine acts at 3 levels the Psyche, Neuro, Endocrines at the level of the psyche it helps to bring balance which in turn will affect the neurological balance and the correct secretion of the hormones which play an important role in maintaining the harmonious flow. The homeopathic medicines do not treat the disease but it helps in bringing back the lost imbalance back to its normal state.
- To find the correct Homeopathic remedy one needs a complete case study so all the aspects of the emotional nature, Fears, Social relations, family relations, ups and downs in life have to be taken into consideration. Also the past history, problems in adjusting, Family history of any major illnesses have to be mentioned.
- Once the correct remedy is given the body starts it own healing process. The Homeopathic remedies stimulate the internal healing mechanism of the body .In this way the patient starts recovering .A proper feedback has to be given by the patient when he is under medication so that the case can be assessed and the desired result is obtained.
- Homeopathy acts on' Individual' in disease rather than the 'disease' in individual. So the correct constitutional remedy that is selected on basis of detailed case history acts at the root cause of disease gently without causing any other side-effects.
- Homeopathy medicine acts on the hypothalamus thereby stimulating the pituitary gland to produce follicle stimulating hormone [FSH] and leutinising hormone[LH] which in turn stimulate the ovaries to produce the female hormones -estrogen and progesterone responsible for menstrual cycles.
- Thus Homeopathy acts on the reproductive system and treats any pathological cause of dysmenorrhoea like cysts, fibroids or any inflammation of pelvis without any side-effects.
- Also since Homeopathy acts on mind, it controls the stress and anxiety levels of the patient. Therefore the patient’s pain is relieved and the every cycle becomes less painful than the previous one. Therefore the need to pop in the pain killer is reduced.
How Happy Livin will help you:
Dr. Joshi is a leading name in the field of Homeopathy who has around 16 years of experience in treating the patient in the classical way as intended by our Founder of Homeopathy, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.
There is an attempt to bring the best quality of treatment at your doorstep.
A thorough case-taking is done at your convenience and after careful analysis of the same, the best quality Homeopathic medicines procured from Germany are delivered at your doorstep in a week's time along with certain health tips, dietary instructions to be followed according to the disease condition.