Panic disorder is an anxiety disorder. It causes panic attacks, which are sudden feelings of terror for no reason. You may also feel physical symptoms, such as chest pain, difficulty in breathing, dizziness, and fast heart beat. Panic attacks are discrete episodes of paroxysmal severe anxiety.
A panic attack starts abruptly, reaches maximum intensity within few minutes and lasts for at least several minutes. Panic attacks can happen anytime, anywhere and without warning. The person lives in fear of another attack and escapes rapidly from the situation where the attack occurred. For some people, fear takes over their lives and they cannot leave their homes.
Panic disorder is more common in women than men. Sometimes a lot of stress leads to panic attacks. Most people get better with treatment. Therapy can show you how to recognize and change your thinking patterns before they lead to panic. Medicines also help in treating the panic attacks.
The exact cause is not known. Some of the probable causes are
- Cigarette smoking increases the risk of panic attacks. . It is believed your body's natural fight-or-flight response to danger is involved. For example, if there is some danger approaching, your body would react instinctively. Heart rate and breathing would speed up as your body readied itself for a life-threatening situation. Many of the same reactions occur in a panic attack. No obvious stressor is present, but something trips body's alarm system.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Fast heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulty
- Hot flushes
- Abdominal cramping
- Tightness in your throat
- Trouble swallowing
- Fear of death
Other health problems such as an impending heart attack, an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism) or drug withdrawal can cause similar signs and symptoms. People, who experience panic attacks often are affected by other mental health conditions, including depression, fear etc.
- Diagnosis is made on the basis of signs and symptoms, how often they occur and in what situations they occur. A complete physical examination is carried out by doctor so that your doctor can determine whether health conditions other than panic attacks are the cause of your symptoms.
- These other health conditions might or an overactive thyroid or heart disease. If there are no underlying health problems, doctors diagnose panic disorder based on your signs and symptoms and their frequency.
- Panic disorder can make people avoid the places where the attacks occurred or leave the house alone. In children, panic attacks can interfere in child's school life.
- Panic disorder also increases your risk of depression and suicide.
With medications the prognosis is good and people are eventually able to resume everyday activities.
- Homeopathy is highly effective in treating Panic disorder. After administering homeopathic medicines you will experience less panic attacks and later you will realize that you no longer have panic attacks.
- Homeopathic medicines correct the imbalance which has taken place in the body mentally and physically. You will experience a feeling of general well being; calmness and your overall energy will improve.
- Homeopathy works on the mind and makes the patient more positive and calm.
- The entire case history that is taken by the Homeopathic doctor includes the physical, emotional, intellectual, social, psychological aspects of patient’s life.
- Because Homeopathy considers the Individual in disease rather than the disease in individual.
- Thus the constitutional remedy given to the patient acts on the root cause of the anxiety disorder thereby reducing the frequency and intensity of the panic episodes.
How Happy Livin will help you:
Dr. Joshi is a leading name in the field of Homeopathy who has around 16 years of experience in treating the patient in the classical way as intended by our Founder of Homeopathy, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.
There is an attempt to bring the best quality of treatment at your doorstep.
A thorough case-taking is done at your convenience and after careful analysis of the same, the best quality Homeopathic medicines procured from Germany are delivered at your doorstep in a week's time along with certain health tips, dietary instructions to be followed according to the disease condition.