Pemphigus is a group of rare skin disorder that cause blisters on your skin or mucous membranes, such as in your mouth or on your genitals. Pemphigus is an autoimmune disease of the skin and mucous membranes that causes vesicles (blisters), bullae and raw sores.
- The exact cause is not known but it's an autoimmune disorder. Normally, your immune system attacks harmful viruses and bacteria. But in pemphigus, your immune system mistakenly produces antibodies that attack healthy cells in your skin and mucous membranes.
- In pemphigus auto antibodies are formed against desmoglein. Desmogleins bind skin cells to each other. When autoantibodies attack desmogleins, the cells become separated from each other and it causes separation of the cells of the epidermis. This phenomenon is called acantholysis. This causes blisters that slough off and turn into sores.
- Pemphigus may be a side effect of certain blood pressure medications (ACE inhibitors) or chelating agents (medications, such as penicillamine)
- Pemphigus is uncommon. It occurs almost exclusively in middle-aged or older people of all races and ethnic groups.
Signs and Symptoms:
It is characterized by skin lesions which may be recurrent or relapsing. Blisters appear on your skin and mucous membrane which rupture easily, ooze and become infected. They are located on the mucous membrane of the mouth. They are located on the scalp, trunk, or other skin areas. They spread to other skin areas. The skin lesions peel superficially or detach easily.
The three main types of Pemphigus are :
- Pemphigus Vulgaris : It is the most common form. The blisters are painful. The blisters are seen in mouth and then on your skin. Blisters also occur on genitals.
- Pemphigus foliaceus: This type of pemphigus usually begins on your face and scalp and later eruptions are seen on chest and back. It doesn't usually affect mucous membranes. The blisters are not painful but they are crusty and itchy.
- Paraneoplastic pemphigus: It may be associated with a malignancy. It causes painful sores on your mouth, lips and in your esophagus, as well as skin lesions. Lesions in lung may lead to progressive lung disease.
- When the surface of unaffected skin is rubbed sideways with a cotton swab or finger, the skin separates easily. (Positive Nikolsky sign)
- A skin lesion biopsy with immunofluorescence confirms pemphigus
- Blood tests are carried out to detect and identify antibodies (Anti-Desmogleins) in your blood
- Complications of pemphigus are infection of your skin and spread of infection through your bloodstream (sepsis).
- Side effects of corticosteroids used to treat pemphigus.
- Loss of electrolytes, loss of body fluids may cause electrolyte disturbances.
- If not treated, pemphigus vulgaris is usually fatal.
- Take care of your skin by avoiding trauma to the skin.
- If you have any wound take proper care by using wet dressings and medication.
- Keep your mind at peace by meditation.
Dermatologists prescribe corticosteroids and certain immunosuppressant’s that has a major other side-effects on the body
- In homoeopathy, constitutional medicines are prescribed, which will reduce the severity of the lesions
- It will also reduce the inflammatory process and halt the flare ups
- The medicines will prevent the formation of the disfiguring scars
- Homoeopathic constitutional medicines are prescribed not only on the basis of the signs and symptoms, but also according to your physical and mental makeup. Thus, they affect your entire body and not only your skin
- Homeopathy corrects the immune system and thereby reduces the antibodies that attack the skin cells.
- Homeopathy unlike steroids treats the root cause of the disease gently and without any side-effects and gives long lasting solution to the same.
How Happy Livin will help you:
Dr. Joshi is a leading name in the field of Homeopathy who has around 16 years of experience in treating the patient in the classical way as intended by our Founder of Homeopathy, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.
There is an attempt to bring the best quality of treatment at your doorstep.
A thorough case-taking is done at your convenience and after careful analysis of the same, the best quality Homeopathic medicines procured from Germany are delivered at your doorstep in a week's time along with certain health tips, dietary instructions to be followed according to the disease condition.