Acne - Stop The Spots With Homeopathy
Acne is the most common problem with which our teens suffer from. It is viewed as a normal physiological reaction of the skin. The commonest type of acne appears during the late teenage and rarely persists into the third decade. But another less common variety of acne rarely appears before 30 years of age. Though it is more common in women than in men, the severity is known to be more in men.
Acne is one of the self-limited disorders of the skin, usually occurring after puberty, due to a reaction of the skin to various triggering factors. In persons prone to acne, when their skin is exposed to any of such agents, the size of the sebaceous glands (glands present in the skin) increases, resulting in increased production of sebum (an oily secretion of the sebaceous glands).
Causes and risk factors:
- The main cause of onset of acne at puberty is due to increased production of androgens in both males and females.
- Cosmetics and certain medications block the hair follicles and hence promote the formation of comedones (which we commonly denote as blackheads or whiteheads), which are the clinical hallmark of acne vulgaris (the variety which is commonly seen in the teens).
- As the comedones are blocked, the sebum has no outlet; it gets accumulated in the comedones and hence becomes prone to infection. Due to infection with yeast and bacteria, the comedones become inflamed and this worsens the condition
- Friction and trauma lead to rupture of the comedone wall and hence the oily sebum comes out. This adds to the oiliness of the face. Hence, an oiliness? Acne cycle ensues.
- Much of the times, acne appears before or during menstruation due to the hormonal changes that occur during that period.
- Fatty food increases the oiliness of the face and hence is one of the causes
- Mental stress, anxiety may also lead to development of acne.
Screening and diagnosis:
- It is characterized by non inflammatory to mildly inflamed comedones, which are the earliest lesions.
- Such lesions are self limited, though they may progress to form large inflamed nodules (boil -like).
- These nodules may rupture and may produce unhealthy scars.
- Face is the most commonly affected region; though forehead, cheeks, chin, nose and back may also be affected in many people.
- This type of acne is characterized by erythema (flushing), telangiectasia (a lesion formed due to dilatation of the blood vessels in the affected area) and superficial pustules (a small elevated skin lesion filled with pus like matter). Comedones are seen rarely in these cases.
- Face is the most commonly affected area. Unlike acne vulgaris; chest and back are not usually involved.
- Subsequently, it may lead to inflammation of the eyes (keratitis, iritis), which may even lead to blindness. Diagnosis of this condition is clearly based on clinical findings.
There is whole market of ointments, lotions, face-wash, steroidal applications etc. available in the market. But these superficial treatments relieve the symptoms temporarily by suppressing them. Therefore, they do not prevent the recurrence of these symptoms. Also there are harmful side-effects of these treatments leading to reddening, flaring -up acne, blotched and excessively dry skin etc.
Scope of Homeopathy:
- Homeopathy treats the individual in disease. The entire constitution of the patient is taken into consideration while prescribing to the patient.
- Thus Homeopathy works at the root cause of the problem and effectively treats acne without causing any side-effects. It acts at the sebaceous glands causing reduction in the hyperactivity of the glands by effectively rectifying the root cause like stress, hormonal imbalance etc.
- It will also reduce the inflammatory process and halts the flare ups.
- The medicines will prevent the formation of the disfiguring scars.
- Homoeopathic constitutional medicines are prescribed not only on the basis of the signs and symptoms, but also according to your physical and mental makeup. Thus, they remove such a tendency of your skin to acne formation, thus chances of recurrence after the homoeopathic treatment are minimal
How Happy Livin will help you?
Happy Livin Healthcare is a leading name in the field of Homeopathy, Nutrition and Wellness. We come with a rich experience of 16 years. We are experts in Online Homeopathic and Diet treatment. We have a defined treatment protocol which covers in-depth analysis and evaluation of the patient so that the desired results are achieved. We bring the best quality of treatment at your doorstep. We deliver Homeopathic medicines across the world currently reaching to 100 plus locations globally.
Patient care and Health tips:
- The patients should take enough care of their skin by washing it regularly; but limit the use of soap. They should avoid touching the affected skin constantly.
- The use of cosmetics should be limited.
- Avoidance of the agents which flare up the lesions.
- Sunscreen ointments containing vitamin A may be used